Inspired by a blog I read yesterday about Crispy Parmesan Cheese Rosemary Cups with Spinach Strawberry Salad , I learned how to make Parmesan Cups. They were really cool and easy to make. I stuffed them with salad and served them as a side, along with Italian chicken breasts. They came out amazing! Here is the recipe:
1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tablespoon dried basil
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat (You want it warm enough that when the cheese hits the skillet it begins to melt.)
2. In a bowl, mix parmesan and basil.
3. Take 1/4 cup of parmesan and drop it in the center of the heated skillet. Make sure you spread it out a bit and let it melt down about 1 minute.
4. With a wide spatula, flip the cheese to cook the other side for another minute.
5. Remove the melted cheese from the pan and insert into 1 space in the muffin tin, bending the warm cheese into a cup shape.
6. Repeat with the rest of the melted parmesan rounds.
Let the crisps cool and set up.
I promise these are very easy!
Filling the Parmesan Cups was fun. Since we were having parmesan, we decided to fill our cups with a Ceasar salad mixture. (No need to add extra parmesan cheese to the salad mixture itself.)
Ceasar Salad Filling
2 Cup Spring Mix Lettuce (We love the colors)
3 Tablespoons Caesar dressing
1/8 Cup Diced Tomatoes
1/8 Cup chopped white onion
In a bowl mix all ingredients
Add 1/8 cup of mixture to parmesan cups
We paired this up with Italian chicken breast. This gave a quick, brilliant finish to a nice, light dinner.
Italian Chicken Breast
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 tablespoon Emeril’s Essence Seasoning
1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Heat non-stick skillet to medium-high heat and add canola oil.
3. Combine Emeril’s Essence and Italian Seasoning in a small bowl.
4. When the oil just begins to smoke, add the unseasoned chicken breast and sear for 3 minutes.
5. Flip breasts over and sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the top. Make sure you completely cover the breast on the seared side with the seasoning mix.
6. Sear for 3 minutes.
7. Place pan in heated oven and let it finish cooking for 5 minutes.
8. Remove and set aside to allow the juices to flow.
Add to plate with the stuffed parmesan-salad cup and enjoy.
Quick simple dinner we really enjoy. Let me know what you think. Try it with this dressing on found on Yankee Pantry Blog
Also Check out This Blog My Little Space the picture says it all