We had a lot of fun in the kitchen the other night with a simple recipe that works great for just two servings, or that can be multiplied for a crowd up to 20 people. We have a camping trip coming up Memorial Day weekend, and we are planning on making a huge batch of this to share with everyone. What is it? It’s the Manly Housewife Seafood Boil. Simple. Quick. Easy. When feeding a crowd, we ask each quest to bring one portion of this meal or one item from the ingredients, which helps to keep the cost way down. Here is what you need for two servings (adjust portions, as needed, for more people).
Manly Housewife Seafood Boil
Turkey Fryer (a large pasta pot will work for two to four servings)
Newspaper or parchment paper (to cover the table)
A healthy appetite
1 package smoke sausage cut in 3 inch pieces
1 pound mussels (we find them frozen at the supermarket)
1 pound shrimp (deveined but with tails on and skin on)
2 crab-leg bundles (estimate 1 bundle per person)
2 corn on the cob, cut in half
≤ cup Bay Seasoning
6 quarts of water
Add or subtract any seafood you like, excluding fish (it will turn to mush)
1. Fill pot with water and add Bay seasoning.
2. Add sausage & corn, bring to a boil, cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add Mussles & crab legs, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, cook for 3 to 4 min, until shrimp are fully cooked.
5. Cover table with newspaper.
6. Strain all ingredients (an insert with holes in the pot works great).
7. Pour out all the good stuff and prepare to get messy.
This is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. It has a little bit of a kick to it.
1/2 Cup berries (we used Blackberries)
1/2 Cup Brownie Bites or pieces (we found small brownies at the supermarket that worked great)
1. In a class cup or parfait cup, add few berries.
2. Add a few brownie pieces.
3. Layer whip cream.
4. Repeat berries, brownies, whip cream.
5. Finish it off with a berry and a brownie on top.
Quick, easy, and to-die-for delicious!